Coping with the death of a family member or loved one is a stressful and upsetting time. The team at MacRoberts are trained to handle matters sensitively and with the utmost care, ensuring that we deal with the legalities relating to winding up an estate promptly, efficiently and with the minimum of upheaval for those who are grieving.
Experience and Expertise
With considerable expertise in administration and issues relating to large and often complex estates, our team brings a level of knowledge and empathetic understanding to estate administration following a death where tensions can often arise.
We can advise on:
- Estates with multi-jurisdictional issues.
- Estates with complex outstanding liabilities and possible insolvency issues.
- Estates involving Heritage assets, applications for conditional exemption and making offers in lieu.
- Estates containing businesses and farming partnerships raising agricultural and business property relief issues.
- Executory administration and negotiations with HMRC in respect of claims for Agricultural Property Relief, Business Property Relief and claims for gifts out of excess income.