Our Healthcare team is comprised of leaders in their respective fields, who have established excellent reputations in the healthcare sector. We have in-depth knowledge of the legal and commercial issues our clients operating in healthcare face, and our vast experience and cross-disciplinary approach also means we’re able to provide innovative solutions and guidance.
We have advised on many new hospital and healthcare projects under private finance initiative (PFI), public-private partnership (PPP), non-profit distributing (NPD) and hub schemes. Beyond that, we help clients ranging from international pharmaceutical companies and life science technology businesses to independent care home operators, pharmacist, dentists and doctors. We also work with banks, financers and other investors who help fund these organisations.
Some of our recent work includes:
- Acting as legal advisers to an NHS Trust in relation to its procurement of a new rural and general hospital, providing legal services and support through the procurement stages and process to date.
- Advising on the design, construction and operation (DBFM) of a Pharmaceutical Specials Service project, providing advice on legal, compliance, governance and commercial issues throughout the duaration of the project.
- Advising an NHS Trust on a number of significant project variations to the £120m New Royal Infirmary for Edinburgh PFI Project.
- Acting for a global bank in the provision of £17.65m term loan facilities and £8m development facilities to Randolph Hill Nursing Homes Group Limited for the re-finance of a portfolio of care homes and rebuild in Scotland.
- Advised on the sale of the UK’s highest value and profile M&A transactions for the Healthcare sector.
- Acting for a pharmaceutical company in a mass multi-party litigation relating to allegedly defective medical devices.
- Acting for one of Scotland’s largest independently owned care home groups in all ongoing work – including care home acquisitions and disposals, development finance, leasing arrangements, regulatory compliance and all ongoing projects.
- Acted for a pharmacy group in the acquisition and the disposal of various independent pharmacy groups and single unit outlets.